Tuesday 25 December 2012

Guest Author Interview - Larry Garner

Today we welcome Larry Garner (Animal) to the guest author interview, you can read what he has to say below:




Please introduce yourself - who are you and what do you do?
My name is Larry Garner, and I'm 60 years of age. I acquired the nickname Animal while serving in the US Navy in 1972, and it stuck. I live in the US, in the mountains of Colorado. I grew up here, but was gone for many years, first in the US Navy, then other places around the West for a number of years at a time.

I'm mostly a welder and fabricator, but have also done custom painting on motorcycles and automobiles. I've built farm equipment, trucks for the oilfield, and lots of other miscellaneous gear. I have spent over twenty years promoting charity events to benefit the families of sick kids is the area I was in at the time.

I've raced cars, trucks, and hermit crabs. I'm an incurable gearhead, and always have a project or two in the garage.

I'm married to a wonderfull woman, and have identical twin sons

What first inspired you to start writing?
I'm an inveterate story-teller, and people have been after me for decades to put my stories down on paper. Reluctant to do that, I finally to write a book, totally fiction. I found early on that I really enjoyed the writing process.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
I don't use an outline or any form of guide for where the story is going. I write what the characters tell me to write. I enjoy that approach immensely. I never know what's going to happen until I've written it down.

And the least?
Proof-reading

What is your favourite period from history?
Probably the 1880's in the western US. Desperados, gunfights, heros and villains.

If you could wriye anyone's biography, whose would it be?
Steve McQueen

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Don't be afraid to leave your comfort zone....and don't be afraid to change directions in the middle of a story. This book is not at all what I sat down to write.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm still promoting "D-E-D, DEAD", my first novel, and am preparing to narrate the audio book, and am pursuing film companies about a film version.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
D-E-D, DEAD is a novel about a man dealing with his urge to dismantle an outlaw motorcycle club he belongs to, because of their manufacture and dealing of methamphetamine, as well as the prostitution of young women.

His conscience wins out over feelings of loyalty, and the resulting chaos leaves him running for his life. Hiding out in southern Tennessee in 1990, he stumbles across information that causes him to resume his crusade. This time, he has help. An old miltary friend, some locals, and two strong women join in to put an end to the meth trade of the local chapter of the same motorcycle club, as well as save some young women from the situation they're in.

Set in southern Tennessee and northern Alabama, the tale is full of action, fast cars, unforgettable characters, and the best as well as the worst of us.

The print version is avilable from my website at a discount, or from Amazon.com. There is also a Kindle version available, and it's always free to Prime members.

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-E-Dead-ebook/dp/B008EDD5OI/
US: http://www.amazon.com/D-E-Dead-ebook/dp/B008EDD5OI/

The audio book is slated for release in early 2013, also from my website http://larryanimalgarner.com

Thanks to Animal for sharing his thoughts with us, on Friday we welcome Alex Roddie to the hot seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment