Tuesday 30 July 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Michael Cargill

At the very beginning of the year I interviewed Michael Cargill, I recently caught up with him to see what he has been up to since then. You can read his original interview here.



Click on the images to purchase

What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
Andy Murray won Wimbledon and those fiends at National Lottery HQ are still fixing things so I don’t ever win the jackpot. I also boshed another book out and it’s had lots of good reviews. I’m past that initial period of paranoia whereby I worry that no-one likes my latest story.

Have you leant any new wisdom?
Well, I’ve learnt that hayfever can strike without warning even if you’ve never suffered with it before. I’ve also learnt that going through the process of committing your books to real paperback editions is definitely worth it. When they’re physically in your hand, you go through moments of wanting to take photos of them in every room of the house.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
Yes! Or so I’ve been told. Someone recently wrote a review of my second book and stated how much my writing had improved, which is always nice to hear. I’ve gone back over some of my older releases and made fairly significant changes to them. It’s hard to explain exactly what improvements I made, but when you spot numerous mistakes and weak points that you didn’t notice before it makes you realise just how important it is to keep writing.

What are you working on at the moment?
I’m currently working on a story that’s set in the Warsaw Ghetto during World War II. I’m something of a WWII nut anyway so I rather enjoyed doing the research, but reading about the Holocaust is as depressing as it is fascinating.

The story itself is finished and I’m just churning my way through the editing process at the moment. It’s my favourite of all my work so far.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
My most recent published work is called Jake and it’s a YA tragedy story about a teenage boy. It’s a book that seems to have split opinion amongst readers, with some loving it to bits and others not being quite so keen. Everyone has said that they love the characters, but it’s what happens to them that seems to be upsetting people...! I even had someone email me to say that they hated me... although she wasn’t actually being serious.

Jake is now available in paperback as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BR8KHUW
http://amzn.com/B00BR8KHUW
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/293427


Click on the images to purchase

2 comments:

  1. Corking stuff! Thanks for hosting me and putting with me, 'twas jolly fun.

    PS - Jake is now actually available in paperback...

    ReplyDelete