Friday 6 September 2013

Guest Author Interview - Caroline Clemens

Welcome to the latest guest author interview, today we meet Caroline Clemens, you can read what she has to share below:




Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
Hello Michael … I’m Caroline Clemens from Atlanta, Georgia and a registered nurse by education and presently a writer of fiction and poetry. Thank you so much for this interview.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I wrote a couple of poems @ age 20 or so and basically lived my life. Then a few years ago I read a poem online/blog and this single event moved me to begin writing. You could say I started a journey of doing and not waiting to pursue a dream. I had always wanted to write a book, not sure why.

If you could work with any author, who would it be and why?
I can’t choose just one, so let me explain. I’m still exploring and learning classics, but past contemporaries were Danielle Steel and Mauve Binchy. But if I had to choose an author to work with two come to mind. Margaret Mitchell, because I love Gone With the Wind and Robert Wilder for Wind from the Carolinas, both of these wrote of family, tragedy and the endurance to go on, all surrounded by land and hard work. Both are around the civil war, so, I suppose that was history I enjoyed.

What is your favourite word?
My favorite word is beach, I know not very descriptive, because it symbolizes the land and ocean uniting. It brings thoughts of good times, walks, sunsets, moon glows, fish, surfing, swimming, boating, tanning, kite flying, weddings, reading and bonfires, while it emits emotions inside all of us.

What's the nicest thing someone has said about your books?
The nicest thing has been said repeatedly that they wanted to keep reading, this made me smile.

How do you get in the mood for writing?
Getting in the mood is well, actually, the opposite; the mood gets in you. I’ve learned to write in two places, at a desk in my office and the kitchen island; both areas I light a candle and keep pens, iPad, thesaurus, notebooks and outline. Sometimes I can’t stop when the mood gets in me. I also use social media for inspiration, especially if I need a break or tips from writers like Chuck Wendig and others on twitter. Tumblr gives me music and beautiful photography to escape in for inspiration.

What is your favourite song lyric?
My favorite song lyric, well, you probably guessed it; I don’t have just one. Adele’s “Don’t Forget Me” and Roberta Flack’s “Strumming My Face with His Fingers” are powerful words, along with Leonard Cohen’s “Dance Me to the End of Love” can help me to put the emotion into a chapter or paragraph.

What are you working on at the moment?
I am finishing Blue Moon, which is the follow up to French Bleu, thus completing my duet. Completion is set for July 2013.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
French Bleu published by Xlibris is available on Amazon and Barnes n Noble. The book is a contemporary novel of fiction set in Cleveland, Savannah, and Paris. The main characters meet in the Loire Valley at cooking school on a vineyard. From there these lives and their fate paint a tragic and beautiful story of love and death, and freedom and family.

Books by Caroline Clemens:

No comments:

Post a Comment