Saturday 28 September 2013

Murder Drabbles - Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

My latest story in the Murder Drabble series has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (if you're not subscribed then you should visit http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk/ and sign up, as well as daily Kindle bargains you get a daily drabble), the drabble is also copied below:

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

Penny lay before me, her blood dull in the dim light. The alley was quiet, but all too close traffic moved in the better lit street. The thrill of the murder soared through my veins; with an effort I suppressed the buzz.
This wasn’t the way I’d always dreamt it. Then it was always clean, how the world should be. I felt an unexpected shiver of fear as I carried her body, surprisingly heavy, to my car.
Thankfully I always carry bin liners, just in case of a mess. With them I wrapped up Penny’s body and her bloody dress.

You can read the first drabble in the series here: http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment