Friday 18 October 2013

Guest Author Interview - Justin Bienvenue

In today's guest author interview i welcome horror author and poet Justin Bienvenue, you can find out what he has to say below:
 


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Justin Bienvenue. I live in Massachusetts. I am an author and poet. I write books, poetry and short stories.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I was first inspired to start writing during my freshman year in high school. I wish I could tell you some crazy story about how I was taken by something that truly inspired me but the truth is I decided one day in class to write a poem because I was bored. It was then that I did this more often writing a poem a day until after a while I had gotten inspired from all I heard, saw and took in around me to which made for some very interesting poems.

And what attracted you to the darker side of writing?
As a poet I always wrote about how I felt and sometimes that meant writing about hard times, dark times. They realer it was the darker it got. As an author I not only incorporated that into my writing but got attracted to the simple element and essence that is horror. After watching a few horror movies and reading some gruesome stuff I got some ideas that just had to be made and that is what welcomed me to the dark side if you will.

You write poetry as well as prose, do you have a preference?
As a poet one should be open to all verses however I myself tend to write poetry that rhymes, it’s just the style I prefer. However I do also write prose of course and I have tried to expand and have taken to writing more prose as of late.

What is your favourite word?
My favorite word hm? I would say “Masterpiece”. It seems weird I know but it can stand for so many things and I like the way it looks when it’s written. I also titled the name of my first book off the word.

If you could work with any author, who would it be and why?
I would say Stephen King. He is one of the best writers today and a great writer of horror. I think a collaboration with him would be truly amazing. Just all the things I could learn from him and take would be an experience in itself.

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Normally I say keep writing but I’m going to switch it up and say when someone tells you that you can’t write let that drive you to write even more. You don’t have to prove them wrong your just not letting them get to you, you know you’re a good writer and when people say you can’t that should be your drive to show them that you can.

What are you working on at the moment?
Write now I am working on promoting my latest book. Aside from that I am putting together some poems for my third book which is in the works. Also write short stories on occasion. Always try to keep busy and work on something.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest work is a Western Horror called, “A Bloody Bloody Mess In The Wild Wild West”. It takes place in 1870, five years after the Civil War. It is about the small fictional town of Toomswood and their fight against a slick corrupt Mexican tycoon by the name of Javier “Bones” Jones. The town is led by a young man named Emerson Shaw who is battling his own inner demons but must put them aside in order to lead the town against Jones and his army of Undead Civil War soldiers. You can find out more about the book on my website @ http://jbienvenue.webs.com/, It features a synopsis, quotes and even a passage from the book. It is available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=A+Bloody+Bloody+Mess+In+The+Wild+Wild+West and Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/4241547

A Bloody Bloody Mess in the Wild Wild West is available from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment