Monday 18 November 2013

Guest Author Interview - Harmony Stalter

In today's guest author interview we meet Harmong Stalter, you can find out what she has to say about herself and her writing below:
 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CTIUCIQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00CTIUCIQ&linkCode=as2&tag=phasespacenet-21


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Harmony Stalter. I have been a freelance writer since 2005. I grew up in New York and make my current home in Florida.

What first inspired you to start writing?
There are many things that inspired me to first start writing. I began writing as a teenager and only showed some of my things to a handful of friends. Life events first inspired me to begin writing. The unrequited love of a teenager, my first heartbreak, my first love, are all things that helped me to begin writing.

You've written quite a range of books on different subjects, does variety appeal to you?
I like to write on many subjects. I like to read and write on many subjects.

Which author do you most admire and why?
I admire a few authors. Robert E. Bailey is one of my favorite authors. Right now, he is battling brain cancer, but still insists on finishing his latest book. All writers should be like him.

What is your favourite word?
Unrequited - it tells the tale of so many different things. Everyone has been at a point in their life where they have had an instance of unrequited love.

Where is your happy place?
My happy place is sitting on my front porch, headphones on, with my pad and pen hand writing a few pages.

What is the best piece of writing advice you have received?
Write what you know. You have to write about things that are significant in your life. If you are delving into nonfiction, then you must write on a subject that interests you and do an extensive amount of research.

What are you working on at the moment?
I have two books in the works. One is a crime/thriller/suspense novel and the other is a romance novel. The crime novel is set in the town I currently live in around an area that has been known to catch on fire.

The romance novel is set upon a farm where a mysterious stranger comes to work for a widow.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
Two Romantic, Two Suspenseful has four very different short stories.

The Former Student- A shy girl returns to her school to see the teacher she has always had a crush on still there. When fantasy becomes a reality for them both, the teacher becomes the student.

The Stolen Child – A mother chooses to ignore the warning given to her by a strange and mysterious woman. When her child is taken, it becomes a race against time to rescue the child alive.

My Death- A woman chooses to put her career first, but at what consequence. Witness the accounts of a break gone terribly wrong.

Dancing the Night Away - Two people, who have been hurt countless times, finally find love in the unlikeliest of places.

You can pick up a copy on AmazonBarnes & NobleGoogle BooksSonyKobo and Book Country.

You can also visit my website: http://www.harmonysfreelancewritingworld.com/

Books by Harmony Stalter on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment