Wednesday 23 July 2014

Murder Drabbles - Shiny New Toy


The latest in the Murder Drabbles series has been posted in the Indie-Book-Bargains newsletter (get a daily drabble and Kindle bargains from the website here: www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk). If you've not read the previous drabbles in the series then you will find them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

And if that hasn't satisfied your hunger for short and flash fiction then come and join the Facebook group dedicated to those forms:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shortfictionreadersandwriters/

Shiny New Toy

To keep the urges at bay I devoted all my energies into finding the perfect blade. The task took longer than I expected with so much to consider. It couldn’t be too small, but if it was too large then where would I conceal it?

And then there was the shape. At first I was drawn by the exotic allure of a curved blade. I imagined it drawn across slender throats. Then I pictured the straight edge of a stabbing blade and I knew my choice had been made.

When it arrives it will be time for my next dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment