Thursday 20 November 2014

ABC Drabbles of Death - X is for Xenomorph



Our journey through the alphabet in the ABC Drabbles of Death continues with the letter 'X'. This was a nice and easy word to pick for such a tricky letter and there are no prizes for guessing which two films provided inspiration for this drabble :-)

You can read all of the previous drabbles in this series here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome-to-first-drabble-in-my-new.html

X is for Xenomorph

They’re all dead. A simple recon mission they said. All but one of the soldiers died and he came back changed. We didn’t know that until the next day.

At breakfast the corporal’s face exploded and tendrils of flesh sprayed across the table. The doc reacted first and died first. The tentacles writhed with an alien sheen and the corporal lurched towards the pilot.

I ran. I locked myself in my quarters and watched on the cameras as the rest of the crew were slaughtered. There’s only me left and the door won’t last for long from the inhuman pounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment