Monday 20 April 2015

Guest Author Interview - Tony Leslie Duxbury

Fantasy author Tony Leslie Duxbury joins me in this week's Guest Author Interview to discuss his debut release 'The Adventures of JoJo Smith':

Click on image to buy from Amazon

Please introduce yourself - who are you and what do you do?
I am a British ex-pat living in Guatemala,C.A. I have been here on and off for about 18 years. My wife described me as an 'entrepreneur' recently, but I'm not sure that fits. Apart from trying to promote my novel I don't have any projects on the go at the moment. My job titles have ranged from dishwasher to English teacher. Aspiring author will do well enough.

What first inspired you to start writing?
Two things inspired me to write: the first was the idea that I could write better than some of the authors whose books I'd read over the years. The second were people who saw my written work when i was in Further and Higher education and encouraged me to try it.

Where did the idea for The Adventures of JoJo Smith come from?
The idea of The Adventures of Jojo Smith came from my love of sword and sorcery fantasy and the determination to have a hero without any special talents or abilities. I wanted to write a sort of 'Boy's Own' type story that adults could laugh at.

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
I have no idea who in history I would like to spend a day with. I'm not much on hero worship and believe that most great historical figures would prove disappointing in the flesh.

Where do you like to write?
I've done most of my writing at the kitchen or livingroom table. I did write half a book while sitting in a car one time, but that's not to be recommended. Now I'm hoping to set up a small studio or office.

What was the last book you read?
The last book I read I finished today. Joe Abercrombie's Before They are Hanged. A marvelous book in a fantastic series.

Where do you see the future of your writing going?
I hope to improve my writing, win a loyal audience and continue to entertain myself and others with my work.

What are you working on at the moment?
For many years I wrote without the aid of a computer and so most of my work is written down on paper and I've been typing it up, but one manuscript has a chunk missing, so I'm slowly rewriting that when i have the time.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
My next release will depend on the response to my first novel which can be found on Amazon Kindle and Createspace or through Goodreads. Also an audio excerpt can be found on this link: http://wp.me/p30w17-IF


No comments:

Post a Comment