Wednesday 27 May 2015

Drabbles of the Gods - Amun


We visit ancient Egypt for this week's Drabble of the Gods. The pantheon was such a rich one that it wasn't easy to pick one to focus on until I discovered prayer to Amun which provided the inspiration I needed.

You can read the previous drabbles in the series here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/drabbles-of-gods.html


Amun

The hidden one comes at the call of the meek and wretched in our misery. His breath sustains us with no voice of our own.

You are Amun, the Lord of those unheard. The one who listens to the laments of the impoverished. When I call to you in my distress; your presence strengthens me.

All too easily your servants descend into sin, although we are fortunate that you are disposed to forgive. Your wrath lasts for the briefest instant.

I fall upon your mercy and may you grant forgiveness in my confession of weakness.

It shall not happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment