Saturday 25 July 2015

Discover Centos on Book Hippo



I'm a big fan of Book Hippo :-) As a reader the daily newsletter of Kindle bargains helps keep my TBR list longer than I'll ever manage to read! The daily drabble is always a good read as well. As a writer it's also an excellent place to help promote books and deals to a UK audience. I also like to submit the odd drabble - regular readers will know that I'm a huge fan of drabbles.

Book Hippo has added a new feature - the Auto Cento. A cento is a poem or story comprised of extracts from other works. The Auto Cento automatically creates a cento from a database of indie works (including some of mine) and also from some classics.

Here's a fun example of an Auto Cento:

Demon

By Cento, using the words of Michael Brookes, Rosen Trevithick, Jane Austen, David Wailing, Rosen Trevithick and 300 Children

He painted pictures of his childhood, the long years as a demon spawn. (1)
Salmon laid their spawn in the upper streams to give them the best possible chance in life. (2)
Mind you, I'm happy with my life, and I still want to meet them. (3)
"Now I am quite happy," said she, "for you will be as happy as myself. (4)
I didn't come here to say happy birthday to Bob. (5)
Simon looked at Bob with admiration. (6)
His admiration was certainly very warm; yet she thought, but for Mrs. (7)
Here it comes, the young demon thought. (1)

1: An Odder Quintet by Michael Brookes
2: Sun Dragon by Michael Brookes
3: Seesaw by Rosen Trevithick
4: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
5: Bang by David Wailing
6: Monster Avengers by Rosen Trevithick, 300 Children
7: Emma by Jane Austen

You can discover your own centos here: http://bookhippo.uk/cento/

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete